Wednesday, April 18, 2007

First Buzz

I've decided to start blogging about sports of my interest anonymously because at the moment I still do not feel confident about my writings and my thoughts.

Why Malaysian Sports?

It's because of the exposure from the daily newspapers I have on Malaysian athletes who have been bringing up the name of Malaysia internationally.

Mostly, this blog is going to be on badminton because it is my number one favourite sports. I know our badminton team's performance has been a yoyo but thank god we have Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong to save us from the embarrassment. I know it's not easy to shoulder such huge responsibilities when the whole nation is expecting you to deliver, after all badminton is one of the few Malaysian proud. That is why, our Men's singles players like Lee Chong Wei, Hafiz Hashim and Kuan Beng Hong HAVE to be ready to carry our country's name proudly. I've heard a lot of reasons on Chong Wei's downfall recently. I would say, if you are from China, you're most definitely going to hear more critiques than here in malaysia. Buck up!

As much as I always like to criticize them when they're underperforming, I also always give my fullest support to them when they're on court. But being a typical Malaysian they always let me down, especially during the finals.

I am going to try my very best to follow the upcoming Singapore Open and try to write down my thoughts. I know it will be a challenge to me because I have not done it before.

Besides badminton, once in a while I may also blog on other sports. Squash, definitely because Nicol David is certainly who we really appreciate, having won soooo many major tournaments and having the mental strength is really something which our badminton players should learn. She once lost in the 2002 Busan Asian Games when everyone had expected her to deliver the gold medal. She was disappointed. She was criticized by the media, and yet she bounced strongly after that, winning tournaments after tournaments, including the World Champion which she had successfully defended. I'm really proud. Malaysia is really proud of her.

What else do I have in mind at the moment? Swimming - I remember some names too. Like Daniel Bego finished a second later than the world's fastest swimmer or something in some strait swimming? Diving - Yeoh Ken Nee and his partner finished silver in a highly ranked tournament in CHina a few days ago. Sorry, I think I should start paying attention to these two discipline if I want to blog. I know it's irritating to have partial information here.

Not forgetting we have Sazali who won the Mr Universe(i admit i'm not really into body building). Well, what about our tracks and fields? I don't think we have that much runners/high jumpers/long jumpers/shot putters to be able to challenge the world.

But we still have Ng Shu Wai for gymnast but no one else comes closer than him so far in malaysia. There still so much room of improvement for him. It's sad to see that we do not have that much proper management in artistic gymnastic section. I make such conclusion based on what i've read from the newspaper because there were always several issues regarding on where he should go to train.

Why buzzingbambee.blogspot.com?
Well, I am not that creative in names, so I thought since my focus will be on badminton, so BAM should be the first on my mind. I've seen cars number plates with BAMBEE followed by the numbers. At first i wanted it to be bambee.blogspot.com, but it was taken. I've checked that website and it's not updated since donkey years ago, so why not the owner deletes it and let me have it.. Hmm. Anyway, i added buzzing at the front. It goes very will with BEE, and I think it can also be intepreted as "what's buzzing in BAM?"

Yeah, I think that should be it for the introduction of this newly registered blog. Please note that sometimes I may be biased but I will try my very best to be professional (wanna-be).

No comments: